Children nowadays spend too much time on their phones and computers playing games and watching videos. Though these activities keep them happily occupied, they rarely teach them anything. It is very important for your kid to be up to date with happenings in the world. The world is getting incredibly competitive with each passing day and if you want your child to thrive, it’s necessary that they are well-read and knowledgeable.
One of the best ways to help your children learn and build their knowledge is through general questions to build their general knowledge. We have compiled a list of basic GK questions for kids that will help your kid learn. The questions are categorized based on age.
GK questions for kids Age 4-7 years
These general knowledge questions are quite simple and the answers are easy to remember. Once your kid gets the answers right for this set, you can move on to the next set.
- How many hours do we have in a day?
Answer: 24 hours
- What are the colours of a rainbow?
Answer: Red, Orange, Green, Blue, Yellow, Indigo, and Violet.
- Which animal is called the king of the jungle?
Answer: The Lion
- Which is the largest planet in our Solar system?
- Which month of the year has the least number of days?
- What are the vowels of the English alphabet?
Answer: A, E, I, O, U
- Which colour symbolizes peace?
- How do you spell your name?
Answer: The English spelling of your child’s name
- What is the capital of India?
Answer: New Delhi
- How many continents are there in the world?
Answer: 7 continents
GK questions for kids Age 8-10 years
At this age, children would have developed some awareness about what’s happening around them. The questions are for kids who have already started exploring.
- The sun sets in the __________?
- Which is the largest mammal?
Answer: Blue Whale
- What type of gas do plants absorb?
Answer: Carbon dioxide
- Which place is known as the roof of the world?
- Who was the first prime minister of India?
Answer: Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru
- Name the new seven wonders of the world.
Answer: Christ the Redeemer Statue in Brazil, Chichen Itza, Machu Picchu in Peru, Petra, The Roman Colosseum, The Great Wall of China, and Taj Mahal.
- How many years are there in one Millenium?
Answer: 1,000 years
- Name two of the world’s oceans.
Answer: Any two between the Pacific, the Arctic, the Atlantic, Indian, and the Southern Ocean.
- Which is the smallest continent?
- Which is the densest jungle in the world?
Answer: The Amazon rainforest
GK questions for kids Age 10-12 years
This is a very important age as your children learn the most at this age. The questions are a bit tougher than the last two sets but we are sure your son/daughter will get it right.
- Which is the tallest mountain in the world?
Answer: Mount Everest
- Which is the world’s largest plateau?
Answer: Tibetan Plateau
- Who founded Microsoft?
Answer: Bill Gates and Paul Allen
- Who came up with the theory of relativity?
Answer: Albert Einstein
- How many millimetres are there in a centimetre?
- Which planet is known as the red planet?
- Which bird lays the largest eggs?
- Which is the hardest substance available on earth?
- Which is the most spoken language in the world?
Answer: Mandarin Chinese
- What name is given for a shape with ten sides?
Any more awesome general knowledge questions you can think of? Let’s quiz our kids and make them quiz masters!